Saturday, April 19, 2014

Guest designer for April



Sherry Mendoza is originally Australian, now living in Amerika and working for American Crafts. She is an inspiering artist. She has earlier worked for Prima Marketing, Ranger-Dylusions and Tattered Angles.

She is going to give classes in Norway and Sweden most probably in September 2014.
You can find more information at Sherry Mendoza European Workshops.






When did you start scrapbooking and papercrafting? 
I started making things with paper and keeping a scrapbook when I started school at approximately age 5. I always hoarded my souvenirs and stuck them into albums.

How important is crafting in your life today?
Crafting is very important, I love the idea of visual record keeping for my children and their children. It is also my job.  

Do you do any other crafts than papercrafting?
Yes I can knit, sew, crochet, quilt and cross stitch! 

What kind of papercrafts and techniques do you enjoy?
I love to make mini albums and do altered projects using all kinds of techniques including water colors, spray mists and stamping. 

What kind of products do you use at the moment?
I use mostly products from American Crafts which is where I work. I love Studio Calico and Crate Paper! 

We all need inspiration from time to time, who or what inspire you?
I get my inspiration from a few different places, daily life, my photography and then online I get inspiration from blogs and pinterest of course!

How do you get from an idea to a finished artwork?
I am not quite sure, it starts in my head and then I can work very quickly to the finished project without actually thinking too much. I struggle if I try to over think things, I let creativity it take its natural course. 

Some of my projects:








We would like to thank Sherry for taking time for this intervju, 
and we wish her welcome to Norway and Sweden.

No comments: